Monday 1 September 2008

Oasis "Definitely Maybe" (DVD) (News, Views and Music 2)


An Old Favourite I’m Currently Grooving To: “I wanna be myself, I can’t be no one else…” Oasis’ Definitely Maybe DVD, especially that superior live take of I Am The Walrus which makes me want to take back all of the rude things I said about the band’s version on our AAA ‘Masterplan’ review but have been banned from making any more changes to (although to be fair, this is a far superior performance to that compilations’ rather dodgy one). Second, there’s one of a long list of neglected Noel Gallagher-sung acoustic gems, the aptly named Sad Song. The promos to Live Forever are pretty great too. Ones to avoid? The in-joke filled Digsy’s Dinner must have sounded hilarious when Noel wrote it—but when the band and friends try to talk about its ‘profound’ lasagna-filled lyrics 10 years on, its no wonder they all look so embarrassed all of a sudden. Amazingly, Oasis will try to ‘re-create’ this whimsical experience on a majority of the much maligned third album Be Here Now. Star rating for DVD out of /10: ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫ (7)


No comments:

Post a Comment